Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nobody's Hero Chapter 8


[Written by Krystal]
“Are you sure this is what you want to do?” Krystal asked me. Krystal had been my friend for a very long time. We were really close, and even though I couldn’t wait to head off with Jon and the band for the first leg of their runaway tour, having to leave behind my best friend – and my family - was one of the hardest things I could do.

“Yes Krystal, It is. I know you have had a rough past with Jon but you know he’s a good person," I said,  reassuringly.

“I know…I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Responded Krystal,  I gave Krystal a hug and smiled.

“I’ll be fine, Krystal, believe me.” Jon stood sheepishly in the door frame of Krystal’s house. He could only vaguely overhear Me and Krystal’s conversation, but he knew we were talking about him.

“Maybe I should just wait outside….” Jon said, slowly moving away.

“Don’t be silly, Jon. Good luck on your tour….” Said Krystal, her voice seemed to almost crack as she spoke to Jon, and even as she did she couldn’t look him in the eyes, leaving an awkward gap in their good-bye.

“Thank you.” Replied Jon, and then turned to me.

“Well, we should get going, Clover, we can’t keep the band waiting, and especially my manager….” Jon laughed.

“Alright, Bye Krystal, I’ll miss you!” I said, as I was smiling at Krystal and walking towards the door.

“I’ll miss you too, Keep in touch. Take care of her, Jon.” Said Krystal, half smiling.

Jon nodded in reply and began walking out the door with me at his side. She turned to wave at Krystal, who waved back with a smile as she was leaning against the frame of her front door.


It had been hours since me, Jon and the band had got on the tour bus and left our New Jersey hometown.  The band had talked a lot for a while; we talked about how amazing it was to be heading out on their first tour. What an amazing experience and opportunity. As usual Alec got on my nerves, David had spent most of the day wise cracking, but right now everyone was asleep. Everyone except for me, of course.

Jon was sleeping right next to me, and I couldn’t help but admire how beautiful he was, even when he was sleeping. I gave him a feather light kiss on his lips and smiled.  I turned my gaze to the rest of the members, there was Richie curled up on the seat, cradling his guitar in his arms as he slept. That was Richie, he treated his guitars like his babies, and god forbid anything ever happen to them, he would go insane.  It occurred to me how lucky I was to have such great friends, and to be able to go with them on our journey to fame, but more of the fact that they actually let me.

 But I began thinking about my parents, the argument that we had before I left with Jon. They were worried about me, they thought that I would end up in bad situations, or end up crushed and hurt.

“Can’t you trust me; can’t you understand that I can take care of myself, Mom? Dad? Please….” I had pleaded.

“It’s not you that we don’t trust, it’s that boy.” My mother said, firmly.  

“But mom, I love Jon, and he wouldn’t let anything happen to me, he wouldn’t let anyone hurt me. I love him, and I love music, and this is what I want to do, please.” I had said, determined to go where my heart wanted.

“Not just that,” Began my father, as if he heard nothing of what I had just said, and was continuing off where my mother left, “But your being put in a bus with four other teenage boys, Kmae. Your young and-“

“No! Dad, stop, there, I’ll be fine. Nothing will happen to me I promise. Nothing!” I reassured my parents the best I could, though they were still reluctant.

“I just don’t want to lose my baby.” my mother said, solemnly. I took both my parents in a huge hug and held them tightly.

“I’ll be okay, I love you and you won’t lose me.” I said.

“You won’t lose us either, Kmae, we promise. We’ll always be here if you need us.” Promised both my parents, lovingly.

I remembered the warmth and the love I felt, how protected I felt with my parents hugging me, how much I knew they loved me, how much they only wanted the best for me….

I must have dosed off because suddenly I was woken up by someone shaking me as I heard my name being called, quite loudly.

I opened my eyes and saw Jon, Richie and the rest of the band staring at me with horrified and worried expressions.

 “Clover….” Jon almost whispered my name, it was almost barely audible, I could tell something bad had happened.

“What? God what is it?” I sat up, horrified.

“Something horrible has happened…” Said Richie quietly, looking me in the eyes.

“What? Please tell me. Something horrible has happened to who?”

“Clover, It….It’s….Your parents.”  Jon said, his Blue eyes brimmed with worry and sadness.

At that moment, my heart dropped and a whirl pool of panic overtook me, and for once the fact that Jon called me Clover offered me no reassurance.

“You won’t lose us either, Kmae, we promise. We’ll always be here if you need us.”  The last thing her parents said to me was sent spiraling and  ringing in my head, making me feel dizzy and sick, and before anyone even told me exactly what happened I knew it in the back of my mind.

I did lose them. Forever....

1 comment:

  1. How heartbreaking to lose both your parents at the same time.Kmae the guys will be there for you, even krystal.

    ReplyDelete