Monday, April 16, 2012

Nobody's Hero Chapter 5

"Who's that?" I heard a voice from behind me.

"That's Kmae Bruce," John's voice said.

I turned back around. "I told you not to bring him over here," I said through my teeth.

"You're such a bitch sometimes, you know?" John said, and laughed.

I took off my sunglasses so I could see Richie better. He was cute, with brunette long hair, like Jon.

"Are you the same age as us?" I asked.

"No, I graduated last year."

"Wow, you're three years older."

"Yup," he smiled.

I was actually liking him. "So, how long have you known Jon?"

"Long enough," Richie laughed. "He told me EVERYTHING about you."

"Oh god," I said.

"No, I mean like how you like music and stuff."

"Yeah, I do."

"I play guitar," he smiled.

"Really? I usually just sing, but I can play the piano. I played the clarinet in band."

"Maybe I could teach you," he smiled wider.

I nodded. "Maybe you could."

John laughed. "Kmae, you wanna go swimming?"

"That sounds fun," I turned to Richie. "Maybe we could talk again later?"

"Yeah," he said, with a smile. "Seeya later."

John ran down to the beach as I dropped my sunglasses and ran after him.

"Slow down!" I yelled, laughing as I ran down the beach with him.

"Catch me if you can!" he yelled, running into the warm beach.

I finally caught up to him, laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

He wrapped his arms around me. "Do you ever feel like I'm awesomer than you?"

"No," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his too.

He was so beautiful, I wanted to take a picture.

He began to lean in, and I didn't pull away. This moment was too perfect to want to stop.

"Am I rushing?" he questioned, centimeters away.

I put my forehead against his. "Nope, unless if I am."

"No," he smiled. His eyes, they were so blue. It looked as if he had blue marbles in his eyes. I loved them.

"John!"

The voice startled both of us as we pulled apart, without a single word.

1 comment:

  1. How dare someone ruin a perfect moment. I love puppy John, just so cute!

    ReplyDelete