Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nobody's Hero Chapter 3



It was the summer of '78. I had just moved to New Jersey, and it was almost my Junior year of highschool. I was always a different person in my mind. I wore the short shorts, I had the long brunette, curly hair. My wardrobe was all band t-shirts. I wasn't normal, I was different.

But HIM on the other hand, my god. I couldn't describe his perfectness. His beauty. He had the perfect, shoulder length, curly brunette hair that most guys didn't have. He was unique, wearing plaid t-shirts and jeans with rips in them.

He had always been from New Jersey, but me on the other hand, came from Iowa. My accent was "cute" to everybody, but he saw something different about it. He saw the beauty behind me.






July, 1978.

I casually walked to the beach, bag slumped over my shoulder, and shorts, and bikini on. I felt naked. I normally didn't wear bikinis. They weren't my type. I wasn't girly, I was more of a "shoot-first-ask-questions-later" type of girl, who wasn't afraid of anything. Yes, I was a little bit of a tomboy, but I was always proud of the character trait.

I could hear the cool waves crashing on the beach, as stepped onto the warm sand, which became cool as it was inbetween my toes. I could almost feel the water on my face. I loved the beach.

"Kmae!" a male's voice yelled.

I looked over, and saw my friend, David Rashbaum, standing on the edge of the warm sand.

"Hi David!" I smiled. I walked over to him.

David Rashbaum was a friend of mine, who went to the same highschool as me. He invited me to come to the beach in the first place. He was almost my best guy-friend.

"You're lookin' good!" He smiled, and laughed.

I blushed. "You too."

He looked around. "Have you seen John?"

"John? I don't know who you're talking about...."

"Bongiovi. You know, the one you sat next to in History."

"Oh, yeah. The guy who cheated off my test."

David laughed. "That'd be him."

"What about him?"

David shook his head. "He's coming over to the beach. I invited him."

I rolled my eyes. "Really?"

"He likes you," David says. "Can't you get along with him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment